Monday, August 3, 2009

Creative Gardens




Gardening brings up the greatest in us, even with creativity. People have probably tried different ways of growing food from time immemorial. Even today, everyday objects find their final use in growing things.

For the sandbox at the house I recently bought, I wanted a better use than a public commode for local strays. A few bags of soil and several strawberry plants later, plus stakes and netting, and I've got more strawberries than I can eat. I planted the "ever-bearing" type so I harvest them through the growing season. Because sandy soil is great for strawberries this application was ideal. Besides, the local kitties had already fertilized it. And the berries are easy to get to, being slightly elevated. Also there's four seats - no waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment